Hey Obama — listen up…..this is what humor looks like. So shed the thin skin and narcissistic self-centeredness and try a little humor sometime.
We all know how George Bush was masterful at self-deprecating humor and great funny moments with the Press Club.
Now Sarah Palin exhibits the humor that is missing from the current administration. She is comfortable in her skin — just as President Bush was — and is able to pull off such great humor lines.
According to reports, Palin was able to poke fun at herself, the politicians in the room, Obama, Democrats, Joe Biden, and the McCain campaign.
Try these on for size….Sarah Palin speaking at the winter dinner of the Gridiron Club, an organization of Washington-based journalists:
- As for the president, Palin joked that she was looking at a magazine cover of Obama and Chinese president Hu Jinato during an airplane flight. A nearby passenger stated, “Hu’s the Communist,” she related. And, Palin said, “I thought he was asking a question.”
- “Sometimes you got to trust your instincts, and if you don’t, you end up in a place like this,” said the former GOP vice presidential candidate.
- Sarah Palin poked fun at herself in a speech to journalists Saturday night, drawing laughter when she announced she “came down from my hotel room and I could see the Russian embassy.”
- The 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate also joked that she had originally thought of titling her book “How To Look Like a Million Bucks, for Only $150,000” before settling on “Going Rogue.”
- If the election had turned out differently, she said, “I could be the one overseeing the signing of bailout checks and vice president Biden could be on the road selling his book, ‘Going Rogaine.'” Biden has sparse hair.
- As for her hosts, she said she was glad to be appearing before an elite audience of leading intellectuals, “or as I like to call it, a death panel.”
- McCain’s campaign staff also came in for a barb from the former Alaska governor when she said she is touring the country by bus as she sells her book. “The view is so much better from inside the bus than under it,” she said, referring to the poisonous relations between her and some of the McCain campaign staff.
- Focusing on criticism she has received from Steve Schmidt, a senior strategist in McCain’s presidential campaign, she said, “If I need a bald campaign manager I guess I’m left with James Carville,” a Democrat.
Obama are you taking notes?
UPDATE: Thanks for the link from A Conservative Teacher!
Filed under: 2008 Presidential election, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, Conservatism, George W Bush, Humor, Inspiration, John McCain, Liberalism, Morality/Character, Politics, Refreshing News, Sarah Palin | Tagged: Barack Obama, death panels, George W Bush, Going Rogue, Gridiron Club, Humor, joe biden, John McCain, jokes, Sarah Palin | Leave a comment »