Welcome to Sharp Right Turn. I started this blog basically to chronicle my views and thoughts about current politics and news. I figure this might be a better way to vent my ideas, views and irritations since my husband usually bears the burden of my endless speeches on liberalism, socialism, and equally bad “-isms”. I plan to learn the art of political/current events blogging as I go….so…hang on for the ride…..and be sure you don’t miss that Sharp Right Turn!
UPDATE June, 2008: I have made an observation….I have lots of great folks who have commented on this blog. (thanks, by the way)…Occasionally, I have been referred to as “dude”, “sir”, and other references to males…..Don’t get me wrong…it does not bother me in the least.
My observation, however, is that I believe most people don’t automatically assume a woman writes this blog because the stereotypes we have been made to believe about women in this day and age is that they don’t like guns, they are pro-abortion, they are career-oriented SUPERMOMS or single-parent uneducated welfare moms, vote for Democrats, they all swoon over Obama….and the list goes on.
Well, I am a Midwestern born/Southern-bred female who:
- believes in the Constitution and that it was not made to “live and breathe and change” with the whims of culture or European countries
- is not “afraid” of guns and takes advantage of her 2nd Amendment rights
- also takes advantage of her 1st Amendment rights….I say what I think (sometimes it’s a blessing, sometimes it’s a curse!)
- believes that all human life is sacred–although, for some Democrats I might make an exception…just kidding 🙂
- believes citizens of this country should speak English as a primary language – all other languages are for fun and extra credit.
- believes parents should raise their children—not a village, not a school, not a government
- is unabashedly patriotic (in the traditional sense) and gets a lump in her throat when hearing a good rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- thinks that “burning flags”, hating your country, and flaunting your lack of a US flag lapel pin is NOT what patriotism is about.
- has a Master’s Degree education (the college experience did not succeed in indoctrinating me to liberalism!)
- thinks a secure border is crucial for maintaining our country and way of life….those here illegally should go back the way they came….on the next bus, 20-person-built-for-6 minivan, or take the underground tunnel out of here…period.
- believes today’s Democrat leaders are mostly Socialists and Marxists by nature and in practice.
- doesn’t want to be “SuperMOM” – When I had a career, I didn’t have children…while I have children, I don’t have an “outside of the home” career. Simple as that.
- thinks a strong defense and all-out support of our military is the key to our country’s survival in the long run…and the thing that will drive liberal, anti-war, hippie-reject nuts crazy for years.
- does not believe in same-sex “marriage” and that homosexuality is against the laws of nature, but loves the person regardless (yes, I have had gay friends, employees, and acquaintances throughout life that I enjoyed being around)
- does believe every individual should be hired based on merit, not “affirmative action”
- loves to watch college football – I sit on the couch on Saturdays soaking in football while my husband cleans the house…then that picture simply reverses on Sundays during NFL football!
- likes a good and civil debate, but must admit that arrogance, liberalism, and citizens blinded to the Democrat agenda are hard for me to deal with
- believes Islam (in its present form) is a threat to our country, particularly when most “moderate” Muslims do not regularly and loudly condemn those labeled “radical”
- believes there is one true God and that is the God of the Bible – none of this “we all pray to the same God” stuff for me…sorry
You get the idea….hope you still enjoy reading this proudly conservative female and her rantings!