Tonight Obama will finally lower himself (in his mind) to address the American public on his Libya mission….10 days after it began.
I don’t know if I’ll watch because I usually get nauseous with his lies and spin.
Besides, I think I know what we will hear from Obama in one form or another tonight (my thoughts in parentheses):
- The mission has been clear and focused (even though the mission and actions are NOT clear….and the focused “no-fly zone” has expanded into an effort to prop up the rebels and take sides in a civil war in Libya…and Obama has said Gaddafi must go while declaring that is not our mission)
- MY mission is successful ( as I mentioned before…Obama will declare success even though the mission and end game is not clear)
- Implementing a no-fly zone only (even though we are bombing tanks and other targets)
- We are intervening in a humanitarian crisis (never mind that European oil is at stake… War for oil, anyone?)
- Intervening is vital to our national interest (but Defense Chief Gates said just yesterday it is not)
- We had approval of Arab League and UN (no Congressional approval, though)
- I repeatedly consulted/discussed with Congress (even though Congress was not consulted prior to bombing, only briefed as it began)
- Supporting Libyan people and their “democracy” movement (despite the fact that some of the rebels are al Qaeda fighters–likely those who fought against the US in Iraq)
- We put together a multilateral coalition unlike other President’s in the past who went in unilaterally ( he means Bush and Iraq and he is lying about this…Bush’s coalition came after months of discussion in Congress, 17 UN resolutions and more countries on board than Obama has in Libya)
- We got out in “days” as I said we would and handed over to NATO (never mind it looks weak AND NATO is pretty much the US of A!)
I think we might also be able to play Obama Libya speech “Bingo” and see how many times he says the following:
- Success, I, me, unilateral/(Bush insinuation), humanitarian, handing off, NATO, bloodbath, let me be clear, I did, I have, smart, no-fly zone, I’ve said from the beginning
Here are some things Obama will not utter tonight:
- The word “war” (kinetic military action, perhaps?)
- A “let me be clear” reminder of his own statements about Presidents declaring war without approval, about “dumb wars”, about how we can’t go about helping every nation in need
- al Qaeda
- that his hand off to NATO means that we are still footing the bill and pretty much run NATO with our manpower and leadership.
And you can bet that the paradoxes of the Libyan War outlined by Victor Davis Hansen will not be addressed by Obama. I highly recommend reading VDH’s piece here.
Oh–and for the media’s part, don’t expect a replay of the hand-wringing they displayed for Bush and the Iraq War. You can just hear some of the following and how it would be spoken and portrayed if this were a Republican President/Bush in office:
- Still no answers on why Congress was not consulted, but the Arab League and the UN were.
- And tonight, despite the rhetoric of the President, we find that the rebels in Libya have al Qaeda amongst their midst…if not fully comprised of al Qaeda fighters who fought against the US in Iraq. Are we propping up our enemies?
- What will this WAR cost the American taxpayers in this poor economy?
- Why choose Libya for humanitarian aid? Or is this really about a war for oil? Join us tonight at 10PM for the exclusive.
- Obama’s Defense Sec and Sec of State gave differing viewpoints on our need to be in this unilateral war. We, the MSM, will ask about the chaos in the President’s administration.
…..I could go on.
Have fun watching our President —10 days, at least, too late.
Filed under: Barack HUSSEIN Obama, Daily Headlines, Energy, Evil, Foreign policy, George W Bush, History, Islam/Muslim, Liberalism, Media Bias, Military Matters, Morality/Character, Muslim Watch, Nutroots, Obama corruption, Politics, Progressives Ain't, War on Terror | Tagged: 10 days, al Qaeda, Barack Obama, dumb wars, Gaddafi, George W Bush, Iraq War, Kinetic Military Action, Lamestream Media, Libya, media, NATO, no-fly zone, Obama's address to the people, oil, rebels |