If true, in dollar figures, that is $55 Billion.
Isn’t this Obama’s first cut in any spending? Well he did say he would cut UNNECESSARY spending….Obama said recently:
Obama promised to scour the federal budget to eliminate what doesn’t work and improve what does to “put government on the side of taxpayers.” He said: “We can no longer afford to sustain the old ways when we know there are new and more efficient ways to getting the job done.”
Didn’t we all know that Obama doesn’t think military and defense spending “is working” or is even worth it?
Obama is cutting our defense budget while we are in the midst of two wars, Iran is close to nukes, Israel and Hamas in constant conflict, Russia is acting like the USSR of old, and nutjob Kim Jong Il still sits at the throne in North Korea….not to mention the full war on terror and constant threat of attack by barbaric Islamic terrorists here and abroad.
But, hey, those ships, tanks, and missile shields just aren’t working anymore.
The light at the end of the tunnel, however, is we still have all of those “wonderful”things that Obama and the Democrats are working on to “put government on the side of taxpayers” and its going to stimulate the economy, too!
- There’s $1 billion for Amtrak, the federal railroad that hasn’t turned a profit in 40 years;
- $2 billion for child-care subsidies;
- $50 million for that great engine of job creation, the National Endowment for the Arts;
- $400 million for global-warming research
- and another $2.4 billion for carbon-capture demonstration projects.
- even $650 million on top of the billions already doled out to pay for digital TV conversion coupons
- Congress wants to spend $600 million more for the federal government to buy new cars.
- spend $7 billion for modernizing federal buildings and facilities.
- The Smithsonian is targeted to receive $150 million;
- $81 billion for Medicaid
- $36 billion for expanded unemployment benefits
- $20 billion for food stamps
- $83 billion for the earned income credit for people who don’t pay income tax
- $66 billion on education (SRT: cuz its working so much better than our military)*
- $6 billion to weatherize “modest income homes.”
-$6 billion to provide internet in “underserved” areas
-$6 billion for “higher education modernization.”
-$20 billion in health information technology to “prevent medial mistakes.”
- -$400 million “to put more scientists to work doing climate change research”
-$600 million for satellite development and acquisitions, including climate sensors and climate modeling.
-$250 million “to address long-term economic distress in urban industrial cores and rural areas distributed based on need and ability to create jobs and attract private investment.”
$300 million for the National Wildlife Refuges and National Fish Hatcheries
-$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts (SRT: Blaspheming images of Jesus Christ be expensive)*
-$400 million for “ready-to-go habitat restoration projects”
–$2 billion to provide child care services for an additional 300,000 children in low-income families while their parents go to work. (SRT: It takes a village, you know)*
-$120 million to provide subsidized community service jobs to an additional 24,000 low-income older Americans (SRT: Welfare)
-$1.5 billion to help local communities build and rehabilitate low-income housing using green technologies. (SRT: Welfare)
-$500 million to rehabilitate and improve energy efficiency at some of the over 42,000 housing units maintained by Native American housing programs
-$10 million for “rural, high-need areas to undertake projects using sustainable and energy-efficient building and rehabilitation practices”
* – My sarcasm in italics
Talking to our enemies and loosening the fingers of their clenched fists with the words of a Messiah are all we need….who needs a stinkin’ defense budget?
“As I said in my inauguration speech, if countries like Iran are willing to unclench their fist, they will find an extended hand from us.”
“It is very important for us to make sure that we are using all the tools of US power, including diplomacy, in our relationship with Iran,” Obama said.
I guess military power is off the table!…Diplomacy costs less.
Obama also said in his first interview with Al-Arabiya:
My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy — we sometimes make mistakes — we have not been perfect.
We used to believe in “peace through strength”….Now it’s “peace through faulting America”.
Filed under: Barack HUSSEIN Obama, Economic Stimulus, Economy, Foreign policy, Islam/Muslim, Liberalism, Military Matters, Muslim Watch, Politics, Progressives Ain't, Socialism, War on Terror, Welfare | Tagged: Barack Obama, defense budget, defense budget cut, defense cuts, diplomacy, Economic Stimulus, Iran, Islamic terrorists, military Pentagon, North Korea, peace through strength, Russia, spending cuts, War on Terror |